What is Far-Infrared heat? Infrared light is part of the sun’s invisible spectrum. One of Far-Infrared light’s characteristics is the ability to easily penetrate human tissue. When this happens, it creates a natural resonance, which has many beneficial properties. The Far-Infrared heat (FIR light waves) penetrates your skin, giving you that wonderful natural warmth. You can be exposed to Far-Infrared heat for hours and it will never cause your skin to burn. Far Infrared heat is completely healthy and safe for all living things.
Far-Infrared Sauna Treatment; In today’s world, everyone is exposed to toxins and is carrying a heavy toxic load. Far-infrared sauna therapy is one of the safest and most powerful ways to eliminate toxic metals, toxic chemicals and chronic infections. Fat-soluble chemicals and toxins can be concentrated in the fat storage tissues of the body (primarily adipose tissue). To mobilize and eliminate these unwanted chemicals and toxins low temperature saunas can be very useful.
Detoxification; In one study performed by American researchers, the sweat of people using a conventional sauna was found to be 95 to 97% water while the sweat of those using an infrared thermal system was 80 to 85% water with the non-water portion principally cholesterol, fat soluble toxins, toxic heavy metals (such as mercury and aluminum), sulfuric acid, sodium, ammonia and uric acid. This unusually high concentration of heavy metals and other fat-soluble toxins is not found in the sweat from normal exercise.
Heart Disease; 25 patients were treated in an Infrared Sauna for 15 minutes once a day for 2 weeks. The results showed significantly lowered blood pressure, measureable weight loss, lowered cholesterol, and increased blood flow.
Some other health benefits of Far-Infrared Sauna are:
- Weight loss: Can help burn up to 600 or more calories in just one 30 minute session.
- Beauty: Is excellent for increasing blood circulation to the skin, which is essential for beautiful, youthful, glowing skin
- Scars on skin: Scars fully formed may be gradually softened. Burns and other wounds or incisions may heal with significantly reduced scarring.
- Cellulite: European beauty specialists confirm that a Far Infrared Sauna will greatly speed any anti-cellulite program.
- Pain relief: Effective for arthritis, back pain, muscle spasms, headache, etc.
- Relaxation & Meditation: Stress reduction, relaxation and general wellness.
- Cardiovascular benefits: Provides cardio training without exertion.
Jami Jones is a Natural Health Consultant and owner of Nature’s Cure in Albany.