This photograph was probably taken sometime between 1867-1869. It shows Miss Annie W. Smith being lovingly held by her nurse “Bob.” Annie was the daughter of Captain William E. Smith and Caroline Williams Smith. Annie later married Dr. William Lewis Davis Jr. Both Dr. Davis’s father and brother were doctors in Albany. The elder doctor Davis ran the first medical clinic in Albany. The Albany Journal publishes “Vintage Albany” photos each week, which can be found along with more than 2,000 others on the Facebook group, Vintage Albany, Georgia.