This photo was originally printed in the Albany High School newspaper, “The Pow Wow.” This building, later known as the Flint Avenue School, was at that time of the newspaper publication thought to be the first school called Albany High School. After a lengthy discussion, Vintage Albany members along with members of Albany High Times concluded that this building was most likely built on the same site of the original AHS. According to history books, the first AHS was built in 1886 and burned to the ground two years later. This is the building that replaced it. For many years it housed the school board administration before the current administration building was built downtown.