The Vintage Albany group on Facebook determined via a discussion that the Rawlings Opera House at Broad Avenue and Jackson Street (pictured here in 1906) later became the Liberty Theater. Only the left one-third of the building remains; where the rest of the building stood is now a vacant lot. Many towns had opera houses in the late 1800s and early 1900s; they hosted a variety of entertainment.
- Published: 1120 days ago on March 30, 2011
- By: khogencamp
- Last Modified: March 30, 2011 @ 1:29 pm
- Filed Under: Community, Lifestyle and Entertainment, Vintage Albany
- Tagged With: Opera house, theater, Vintage Albany Georgia